16 Natural Ways How To Get Rid of Cystic Acne Fast
- 1 10 ways to get rid of acne
- 2 The effects of acne
- 3 What is the dark spot?
- 4 How to rid of acne spots with cosmetics?
- 5 How to rid of acne spots with salicylic acid?
- 6 Best vitamins that help to rid of acne
- 7 Food sources of vitamins
- 8 Multivitamin complex for skin
- 9 General rules of treating oily and acne prone skin
- 10 Quick home remedies for pimples and acne
- 11 Over-the-counter acne treatments
- 12 Cosmetic products
- 13 DIY remedies
- 14 More home Remedies for Acne
- 15 Types of Scars
- 16 Treating Brownish Acne Scarring
10 ways to get rid of acne
Pimples are the most disturbing and irritating skin curses. We all have faced a situation when a terrible red spot has suddenly appeared. Just try some of our simple and fast home remedies to fight off your problem!
- Aspirin.This one is an anti-inflammatory treatment and it can be a simple and cheap measure for reducing acne. Another important plus is that many of us have this medication lying around at our homes. The easiest method to use aspirin for treating acnes is to make a paste. (3 parts of warm water to 1 part of Aspirin).
When this mixture had thickened - just make an application to the aggravated area of skin. The paste will harden soon and then begin to flake off. Just wipe it off after.
- Aloe Vera.This unique remedy is able to cool your skin down, and additionally it reduces the redness and irritating inflammation of pimples. Moreover. Aloe Vera removes the oiliness from your skin.
- Take a dip. Having a swimming pool readily available? You may try going for a swim! This because Chlorine is known to dry out skin. But be sure to moisturize the rest of your skin properly to avoid damage.
- Toothpaste. All toothpastes contain ingredients that dry out acne, they are: baking soda, essential oils, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, sometimes menthol and triclosan. Toothpaste is a perfect option in case you're facing a mammoth pimple problem and you crave to get rid of it immediately.
Still remember - toothpaste can cause certain irritation, as it's meant not for skin. So using toothpaste is not a final solution.
- Garlic. Garlic has high amounts of antioxidants, more than that, garlic is anti-viral, anti-bacterial andanti-fungal. In a 2005 Journal of Pharmacology published a special study about garlic. Scientists tested the two garlic compounds: diallyl trisulfide and garlic oil on glycemic control.
Both were found to enhance insulin sensitivity. This implies that raw garlic fight acne and conditions refered to insulin resistance. As a preventative measure, you can add this remedy to your diet. This method helps your health and purifies organism's blood, as a result - it can stop possible future break outs.
For more rapid results, just take a peeled clove, then rub it on the troubled skin area. In case your skin is too sensitive, just try to crush garlic and mix it with clear water.
- Steam. Steam can be helpful thing for curing acne as it helps to open up pores. Moreover, it prevents them from being clogged. Also steam detoxifies and moisturizes your skin.
- Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is a remedy renowned for being perfect for your skin. It contains over 96 compounds, has many chemotypes (oils with many chemical compositions). Tea tree oil contains many anti-fungal properties. It's anti-bacterial as well.
It makes oil highly beneficial.There are studies that have compared tea tree oil to the acne medicine benzoyl peroxide, and they showed that tea tree oil is just as effective.
- Cucumber. Cucumber is known as an anti-inflammatory remedy. That is why it is often used in case of puffy eyes! Cucumbers work well for acne and they help to diminisg the irritating redness of them. To make a healing paste you need to combine grated cucumber with few little spoons of lemon juice. After apply this paste to your skin just for ten minutes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60LY6AsjgCE
- No Popping! The method of popping is the worst possible method you could use. Firstly, it inflames the area and can result in scarring. What's worse - popping makes the bacteria to spread to other pores, as a result - infecting them too. This can result in even more problems. So just don’t do it!
- Honey. Honey is a strong natural antibiotic. In addition its stickiness can remove excess impurities and dirt from your skin.
The effects of acne
Acne is a great problem for many people. Persons with this disease feel themselves very uncomfortable, it seems that everyone looks at them. But sometimes even healing of acne can’t be the reason of happiness. It happens when person sees acne spots on his face…
What is the dark spot?
The dark spot arises as a result of hyperpigmentation. It can be the result of:
- Processes of aging;
- The result of insolation;
- Genetics causes;
Acne spots usually are red and then become brown. They can disappear for a long times, even for 4-6 months.
Why do they arise? Generally this is the result of pimples removing, when person with acne is trying to do this by himself. In most cases this leads to inflammation of the skin. So keep your hands far from your face! When you touch the face you should think about bacteria, which located on your hands. Skin with acne is so receptive!
How to rid of acne spots with cosmetics?
First of all you should care about your skin. Here are some recommendations
- Wash your face with special gel or foam.
- Then wipe your skin with toner. Toner should be without alcohol! This is main requirement! Alcohol leads to dryness of skin and loss of water. It leads to stronger work of sebaceous glands. Remember that sebum also protects the skin. So you shouldn’t have the mission to rid of sebum completely.
- That’s why you shouldn’t forget about skin moistening. Choose some cream for oily or problem skin. Dermatologists recommend using moisturizing gel in summer, because of it’s light texture.
- Forget about scrubs! This product isn’t used on inflamed skin, because it leads to dissemination of infection.
- Pay attention at acid peels. They clear the skin and make it lighter.
- Choose a whitening cream. It will be better if you’ll use it at night. Skin after this procedure will be more sensitive. So you also should use sunscreen to protect the skin from sun rays. Otherwise it leads to appearance of new dark spots.
How to rid of acne spots with salicylic acid?
Salicylic acid is a popular cure in fighting against acne spots. It works as keratolytic substance, which helps to exfoliate epidermis. Salicylic acid permeates deep inside skin, this is stimulates skin circulation. This leads to skin regeneration and appearance of young cells. Thus dark spots become lighter.
Also salicylic acid fights against bacteria that lead to pimples. Likely you see that cosmetics for oily and problematic skin contain this ingredient. But also you can use salicylic acid (1% or 2%) as an application. Don’t use it on all face, just on acne spots. Make this once on a day.
Salicylic acid has some bad effects. For example using of liquid can leads to dryness or redness of skin. Also it doesn’t recommend to use for people with allergy to aspirin. If you’ll keep salicylic acid on the face for a long time you can get skin burn, don’t forget about this!
Best vitamins that help to rid of acne
The low level of vitamins can leads to acne. So your ration must be full of them.
- Vitamin C
This vitamin strengthens vessels and stimulates skin circulation. Maybe you notice that whitening creams contain this vitamin. Indeed this substance makes skin lighter and removes post acne spots. Vitamin C stimulates immune processes and helps to fight bacteria, which located on the skin.
- Vitamin E
This is known as an antioxidant. This substance fights against free radicals. An optimal level of antioxidants prevents many diseases (especially cancer) and helps to keep our beauty for a long time. Vitamin E stimulates regeneration of the skin. By the way vitamin E digests better in combination with vitamin A.
- Vitamin A
This vitamin applies to the group of fat-soluble vitamins. So you should get it with some seed oil. It's needed for assimilation of vitamin. This vitamin stimulates skin regeneration, that’s mean you’ll have clean and fresh skin soon. Vitamin A keeps the skin elastic.
- Vitamin H
This is vitamin of beauty. It protects the skin from influence of environment. By the way the optimal level of this substance prevents the seborrheic dermatitis.
- Vitamins B
First of all vitamins B regulate the work of nervous system. Also they help to get healthy skin. Substances keep the water in skin, this helps to make skin more elastic. But each of them has his own interesting function.
- Vitamin B1 prevents processes of aging;
- B2 helps to get better color of skin;
- B6 prevents dermatitis;
- Vitamins B3 and B9 protect the skin from influence of environment.
Food sources of vitamins
Your ration should be various. Here is the list of foods that rich in vitamins:
- Carrot, tomato, pumpkin, liver, fatty fishes are high in vitamin A.
- Strawberries, oranges, kiwi are rich in vitamin C.
- You can find vitamin E in nuts, seed oils, fatty fish, mangoes, spinach.
- If you need B1 you should eat cereals, legumes, wheat germ, yeast.
- The sources of B2 are such foods as green vegetables and animal products.
- Eggs, peanuts, chicken, yeast can be great sources of vitamin H.
- Green vegetables, some sort of fish, meat, nuts are rich in vitamins B6, B3, B9.
Multivitamin complex for skin
In some cases dermatologist recommends to the patient with acne some supplements. Then dermatologist says to the patient how much pills to take and for how long. You should remember that only doctor can choose the pills for you. Sometimes even expensive pills don’t work. It means that the reason of acne is not just a low level of vitamins. So supplement can’t be the only one method of fighting against acne.
General rules of treating oily and acne prone skin
The most important thing in managing problem-prone skin is everyday cleansing. But the fact of actually doing it two times a day isn’t enough. Here are some tips how to clean your face effectively:
- Give up harsh cleansers. They only make your skin feel panic at the extreme dryness, thus contributing to oil production. Choose only gentle ones instead.
- Look for benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid among the ingredients of your cleanser as they’re your best friends in acne fighting and dealing with oily skin.
- If your skin has enough oil of its own, use only oil-free cleansers.
- Even the best face wash may fail to leave you with 100% clean skin if you apply it with your finger-cushions. Switch to a facial brush; it’s far more effective in unclogging pores.
Quick home remedies for pimples and acne
There’s a list of natural products that have proved to be good at reducing acne inflammation. Sometimes even one procedure is enough to get rid of another pimple, especially if you react immediately. So, here are our natural acne fighters with instructions how to use them:
- Honey with its antibacterial properties. After applying it to your skin, you can either wait until it dries up or cover it with a bandage and go to bed. This simple mask reduces the redness and the size of zits literally overnight.
- Egg whites offer another fast treatment. Dabbing them onto the inflamed zones on your face before sleeping will dry up even the biggest pimples.
- Pure tea tree oil plus ugly spots multiplied by two times a day result in ridding you of irritation just after these two procedures.
- Rubbing your face with an ice cube should sound perfect not only in summer but every single time you’re suffering from painful pimples. It reduces both pain and irritation.
- You’re very lucky if you have aloe vera as a houseplant. If you don’t, get one. In the last resort, buy a bottle of the pure juice. You’ll be surprised to go to bed with inflammation and to wake up without it!
Over-the-counter acne treatments
Whatever product you choose, always check the list of its ingredients before the purchase. In that way, after several trips to the local drugstore you’ll be able to tell exactly what components work best for your skin. Be also ready to discover the ones you’re allergic to.
In general, it’s better to bring home the same old benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid from over the counter. Sulfur is another element good at suppressing acne-causing bacteria, and it works great in various spot treatments.
You’re supposed to notice improvements after 1-2 months of using over-the-counters. If it’s not your case, then you’ve chosen it all wrong. You can start again or go on seeing a professional.
It’s well-nigh impossible to get rid of acne cause overnight, but it’s up to you to reduce all the painful pimples by the next morning. First of all, establish a habit of undergoing your skincare routine daily, and then try different natural remedies. They have no side effects apart from personal intolerance, while the result can be greater than you expect.
Bio-Oil tops the list of anti-acne remedies. They sell it in all major drugstore companies; you can place an order over the Internet if you like. Apart from scars lightening, it focuses on the following:
- stretch marks removal;
- bringing moisture to your skin;
- improving uneven skin tone.
Bio-Oil is especially good during summertime. Use the oil twice a day, dabbing it into the skin but avoiding active acne areas. 3-month treatment is your minimum plan. The younger your scars, the better results you’ll get.
The next one is Paulina TCT-KLE Lightening Cream, which goes well for oily skin. It’s a kind of a beauty cream, but with extra lightening, hence anti-scar properties. It works slowly and gradually, but also hides your scars momentarily as it has a little bit of tint in it.
Esoterica Fade Cream Daytime will be the last merchandise in this review. You can use it for dark spots and acne scars and against sunrays because it has SPF. The cream smells like baby lotion. But its greatest benefit is the price tag: famous brands with the same ingredients in them will cost you 4 times higher.
It’s much more fun to enjoy DIY with your girlfriends during another sleepover. But if you’re against spilling the beans and sharing the secret of your perfect skin with them, you can do it by yourself, too.
To prepare anti-scar mixture, take a lemon, honey, plain yogurt and an egg. Here’s what you’ll need to do step by step:
- Cut the lemon in half and pour about 2 tsps. of lemon juice, which has proved to be a great natural lightener, in a bowl. Skip this step if you have open wounds, cuts on your face or sensitive skin.
- Add half a spoon of yogurt. Plain yogurt contains many nutrients and reduces scars and hyperpigmentation.
- Then add a tsp. of honey, a natural ingredient with countless benefits for your skin.
- The last thing you’ll need is an egg white. Separate the yolk from the egg white and pour the latter into the bowl. It’s amazing at toning and brightening your skin.
- Mix the ingredients together to a smooth consistency.
- Use a textured cotton round, a makeup brush or just your fingertips to apply the mixture (no need to do it pointwise; just let your whole face enjoy this bouquet of nutrients).
- Let it sit for 15 min and gently rinse with warm water.
- Use a moisturizer to top the procedure.
It seems the most affordable way of treating acne scars, doesn’t it?
More home Remedies for Acne
- Lemon Juice and Rose Water
A combination of lemon juice and rose water has a calming and anti-inflammatory effect on your skin. Rose water can be used as a wash for over dried skin. However, in combination with lemon juice the effect is even better.
To prepare the remedy you will need:
- 1tbsp of rose water
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
Mix the ingredients and apply to your skin for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water. Repeat the procedure for three or four weeks and you will enjoy acne free skin.
- Lemon Juice and Groundnut Oil
A paste made from lemon juice and groundnut oil is a perfect remedy for pimples. To use it you will need:
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of groundnut oil
Mix the components and apply the paste for 15 minutes, wash you face with warm water afterwards. Use the paste twice per week for a better result.
Honey and Cinnamon Acne Treatment
Honey if combined with cinnamon powder is able to cure all the acne within several weeks.
- 1tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1tsp of honey
Mix honey and cinnamon powder into a paste and apply to your skin. The mask can be left overnight.
- Apple and Honey Facial Mask
- peel ½ of an apple
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- mix and apply to skin for 20 minutes
- wash with warm water
This mask helps to remove blemishes and dead skin cells. Antibacterial effect of honey prevents acne and skin infection.
Types of Scars
The scars can be divided into several types. The following picture demonstrates them:
These scars are rather severe because the surrounding cells in the damaged area have died. That is why the removing of the scarring will require a lot of:
- technical equipment (laser/micro dermabrasion).
Treating Brownish Acne Scarring
If you got brownish acne scars, the best thing to do is exfoliation because it is necessary to remove all the dead skin that prevents the regeneration process. It takes approximately 28 days for the new cells to appear and during this time it is necessary to constantly exfoliate the damaged area.
The number of scrubs which can help to remove dead skin cells is immense nowadays, for instance:
- Kiehl’s Micro-Dermabrasion
- Kate Sommervile Exfolicate
- Chanel Gentle Scrub
For a good result it will be enough to apply the scrub 2-3 times per week. If the skin is very sensitive and thin, apply the scrub once per week.
Whitening plays an important role in scar removing. The greatest effects have products rich in vitamin C or products that help to slow down or stop the melanin production.
For this reason you can use:
- Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (apply the serum twice to the affected areas per day)
- Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective White Hydrating Moisture Emulsion
Mask is to be applied minimum once per week depending on your skin type. When in doubt, apply the mask more than once per week. The result will be more evident.
The following products gave a good account of themselves:
- Chanel Whitening Massage Gel Mask
- Sheet mask: Silk Whitia Whitening Essence Mask (can be applied generally 3-4 times per week)
All the masks normally contain vitamin E and vitamin C. These two vitamins are the key components to brightening the skin. Thus, it is essential to apply the mask if you want to remove horrifying acne scarring.
The basic rules to avoid acne scarring are as follows:
- Stop picking the pimples!
- Be gentle!
- Wear SPF protection!